PhD - Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
MASc - Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
BASc - Mechanical Engineering
Preferred method of communication
Research and teaching
- Intelligent and autonomous systems
- Sustainable manufacturing systems
- Energy engineering
- HVAC systems and building energy modeling
- Engineering education
- Engineering design education
Intelligent and autonomous systems: sustainable manufacturing systems
- Cellular manufacturing for mass customization
- Closed-loop manufacturing and supply chain
- Resilient production systems through flexible operations
- Computational complexity in the optimization of manufacturing system
Energy engineering: HVAC systems and building energy modeling
- Grey-box modeling of HVAC systems
- Uncertainty analysis of building energy saving
- Data-driven modeling of occupancy and building energy consumption
Engineering education: engineering design education
- Pedagogy for engineering design education
- Integration of analytical skills in design
- Graduate attribute assessment
- Cognitive abilities in engineering design
Daie P, Li S. (2016). Hierarchical Clustering for Structuring Supply Chain Network in Case of Product Variety. Journal of Manufacturing Systems. Vol. 38, pp. 77-86.
Alemam A, Li S. (2016). Eco-Design Improvement for the Diaphragm Forming Process. International Journal of Sustainable Engineering, 1-10.
Li S, Nahar K, Fung BCM. (2015). Product Customization of Tablet Computers based on the Information of Online Reviews by Customers. Journal of Intelligent Manufacturing. Vol. 26, pp. 97-110.
Li S, Mirhosseini M (2012). A Matrix-based Modularization Approach for Supporting Secure Collaboration in Parametric Design. Computers in Industry, Vol. 63, pp. 619-631.
NSERC Chair in Design Engineering (co-chair)