Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.
B.S. Software Engineering, Iran University of Science & Technology, 2003
M.S. Software Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 2005
Ph.D. Software Engineering, University of Oslo, 2011
PostDoc Software Engineering, University of Waterloo, 2013
PostDoc Software Engineering, Queen's University at Kingston, 2012
Hadi is an Associate Professor in Software Engineering at Electrical and Software Engineering Department, University of Calgary. He has a PhD from University of Oslo and Simula Lab (2007-2011) under the supervision of Lionel Briand. He was a postdoc fellow at Queens University (2011-2012), working with Ahmed Hassan, and a postdoc fellow at University of Waterloo (2012-2013), working with the late Ric Holt, Mike Godfrey and Reid Holmes. He was an assistant professor (2013-2016) at the Computer Science department, University of Manitoba, prior to joining University of Calgary in 2017.
He is also an IEEE Senior Member, a Professional Engineer (PEng) in Alberta (APEGA), and holds a faculty fellowship at Schulich School of Engineering at University of Calgary.
He is a coordinating editor at Empirical Software Engineering Journal. Consider submitting!
Areas of Research
Search-based Software Engineering
AI in Health
Wearables for Mental Health
|Course number||Course title||Semester|
|ENSF 544||Data Science for Software Engineers||Fall 2021|
|SENG 643||Automated Software Engineering||Fall 2021|
- Faculty Fellowship Award, Schulich School of Engineering. 2020
- IEEE Software best paper award at ICSE, IEEE Software. 2017
- Teaching achievement award, The University of Calgary. 2018
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Paper Award at ICSE, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). 2013
- ACM SIGSOFT Distinguished Artifact Awards, IEEE. 2020
- IEEE Senior member, IEEE. 2020
In the News
- How fake is your news? Safeguarding democracy in the digital age. EXPLORE UCALGARY. (2019)