Applications for the 2021/2022 school year are open until Monday, September 13, 2021 at 11:59 pm MT
First-year students (mentees)
Pair up with an upper-year student with similar academic and extracurricular interests and learn about the different programs and departments, engage with clubs and teams through a series of events.
- Open to all first-year engineering students
- Gain personal and professional advice
- Receive support and encouragement
- Connect with new people and student resources
Upper-year students (mentors)
Becoming a student mentor is a great chance to strengthen your communication and interpersonal skills and reflect on your own experiences in engineering.
- Open to all second, third, and forth year students
- Share your background and experience
- Help navigate new students to helpful resources
- Connect with new people
I came in not expecting much honestly but my mentor was very helpful and informative. I feel more confident about my knowledge on Engineering at the university. The matching was beyond perfect and I would definitely encourage others to join.
1st year mentee
I think the most important thing that made my first mentor experience successful was their interest in my program. Because they wanted to pursue the same major and minor, I was able to offer the best advice and made our meetings productive and useful for both of us.
2nd year mentor