Engineering Career Practicum
What types of positions are appropriate?
- Engineering-related jobs
- Technical experiential and practical work
- Entry-level industry work
- Field work
- Hands-on and/or administrative duties
What length of employment is required?
- Full-time work for 10 to 16 weeks (May 1 to Aug. 31)
- Part-time work throughout the year
- A minimum of 350 hours per work term
Please note: Students must be available for full-time studies during their fall and winter school terms (September to April)
How are students prepared for their practicum?
- Prepared by our Engineering Career Centre staff members who understand the skills and knowledge companies need
- Connecting their studies to work-integrated learning opportunities
- Work-ready students who are looking to make noticeable contributions to your organization
- Keen to explore specific disciplines of interest
How does this benefit my organization?
- Hire highly motivated students
- Fill the need for short-term employees
- Discover talented engineers for your future workforce
- Receive dedicated support from our Engineering Career Centre
- Post jobs for free on our exclusive Elevate job board
- Schedule multiple interviews on campus in our meeting spaces
Is there funding assistance?
Check out these Government of Canada student hiring subsidies:
How else can I help prepare career-ready engineers?
Here are just a few ways you can become an industry mentor for our students:
- Discovery Days
- Career Meet Ups
- Industry Pop-Ups
- Tip of the Week
- Recruiters Reveal
- Practice Interviews
- Mentor Link