International admissions

International students

Required documents

Official transcripts are documents that are sent directly to the University of Calgary’s admissions office from your school or the department of education maintaining such records. It’s your responsibility to request transcripts for any non-Alberta institutions to be sent directly to the university’s admissions office.

English Language Proficiency

English is the official language of instruction at the University of Calgary. All applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency to be considered for admission.

As a high school applicant, you’ll apply for undergraduate admission into first-year common core. After completing your first year, you’ll be able to apply to a program of study in one of the following majors: Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geomatics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering or Software Engineering.