Simon Li, PhD, PEng
Schulich School of Engineering, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Energy Engineering Program Director
Schulich School of Engineering
Emails are preferred.
Dr. Simon Li is an Associate Professor at the University of Calgary (UofC). He holds a BASc (Honours) in mechanical engineering, and MASc and PhD degrees in mechanical and industrial engineering, all from the University of Toronto. Before joining UofC, Simon has worked in the University of New Brunswick and Concordia University. He has held the NSERC Chair in Design Engineering (co-chair). Currently, he holds the Chair in Engineering Education Innovation in the Schulich School of Engineering. He has published more than 60 conference and journal papers in the areas of engineering design, operations research, systems engineering, building energy systems, and engineering education.
Areas of Research
- Heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems
- Indoor air quality (IAQ)
- Building energy modelling and simulation
- Building operations and data analysis
- Engineering design education
- Cognition and imagination in engineering education
- Competency development
Participation in university strategic initiatives
- Internal benchmarking of higher education buildings using the floor-area percentages of different space usages. Simon Li, Yi Chen. Energy and Buildings. (2021)
- Heat balance modelling and simulation of non-mixing buffer tank design for hydronic heating applications. Simon Li, Denering Berrio, Yanda Fang. Energy. (2022)
- An experiential learning approach for developing mental models in engineering design education. Simon Li, Catherine Chua. Proceedings 2021 Canadian Engineering Education Association (CEEA-ACEG21) Conference. (2021)
Are you the profile owner?
Login to edit.